[ANSTHRLD] pictorial armorial

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Oct 15 07:10:10 PDT 2007

Francois clarified:
> > (The trick with pulling files and scanning old artwork, is
> that before a
> > certain point, the artwork was considered copyrighted, and
> it's a grey area
> > whether or not we have fair use rights to stick it up on
> the web. ...
>
> This is one of those great myths that just will not die....
>
> Firstly, the artwork is always copyright to the creator.  The SCA may
> use the artwork submitted on the forms for SCA heraldic purposes
> regardless of when the form was submitted because it is part of the
> intended use of the submission.  The first Francois Laurel confirmed
> this with the Board and the legal committee.   The bug-a-boo is not
> the artwork but all the personal information on the forms is not to be
> published.

Ah ha!

One of the projects we ARE starting Very Soon is to pull and scan the older
Asterisk files. I see killing two birds with one stone, here...

Katrine, you say you have a scanner. Would it happen to have an automatic
document feeder on it? And if not, are you *really* interesting in scanning
a ton of files? You're local to me now...<rubs her hands gleefully>

-Emma