[ANSTHRLD] What is the technical term for a pale + fess??

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 22:07:54 PDT 2007

On 10/19/07, Luciana Caterina di Borghese <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it called a cross in the ordinary? I am trying to conflict check it, and
> am just having difficulties believing it is called something that simple. If
> there is nothing on it, would that make it the sole primary? Would it be a
> cross throughout? If so, is it a complex line or a plain line? I could make
> myself even crazier, so I will make myself stop for the moment.

Yup, it's a cross.  As opposed to 'cross as charge', which are all the
non-throughout-by-default types.  One CD between 'em.

Hit the Laurel Education site for all the lessons on charge types:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/education.html

And never conflict check without the RfS at hand and open, the
Glossary of terms available for defaults and definitions, etc.:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/regs.html

Then get someone else to double-check you. Even the best heralds miss
things, which is why the CoA is a collection of people all checking
and double-checking. No Sovereign of Arms makes decisions without
having others make analyses as well.  S'why we're Colleges. :)

- Teceangl