[ANSTHRLD] Looking for Info on Branches

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Wed Sep 12 23:22:45 PDT 2007

Diane Rudin wrote:

>> The name form has Austin, San Marcos and Greenbriar School in
>> Austin, Texas. There is also a blazon of
>>

> <snip>
>

>> The name is supposed to be Spanish for Hill Country. There is no
>> specific name or address on the form.
>>

> Catalina already answered this long ago in this thread (in fact, it
> was the first post on this thread, before the question even got
> posted), but here it is again, more verbosely stated so as to reduce
> the chances of it getting lost in the loquacity of the list again:
>
> This was the name originally submitted for the shire, which became in
> 1979 the barony, now known as Bryn Gwlad.
>
> Why wasn't it filed with the Bryn Gwlad paperwork, and why wasn't
> Bryn Gwlad's name submission listed as a resubmission?  Well, I
> wasn't there, but at a guess, I'd say that it's because things were
> run rather more, umm, casually back then.
>
> --Serena

So, when I get to Bryn Gwlad (which will be fairly soon as I am starting
on the B files this week) I'll incorporate the older file and create a
pointer for when I get to the P files.

Thanks! This is precisely the sort of thing that I am trying to track
down Society wide while I work on the group files. One down, hundreds to
go. :-)

Shauna
Ragged Staff