[ANSTHRLD] French Heraldry Help

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 09:53:48 PDT 2008

Opsrey Publishing has a book entitled "Agincourt" (Campaign 9). This particular volume has black and white line drawings and blazons of the arms of the major players in the battle, both English and French and their allies.

While not a source for French Heraldic rules, I do not recall anything out of the ordinary (color on color for example) except for a penchant for Fleur de Lis and dolphins.

Engenulf de Vienville> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:14:00 -0700> From: tierna.britt at gmail.com> To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] French Heraldry Help> > > Greetings all I have been tasked with finding information on French Heraldry> > from the middle ages, specifically rules for coats of arms. I am not asking> > for anyone to do the research for me, but to give me websites, book titles,> > ect that I may know where to look to find these things.> > I have some resources that might be useful to you.> > The Academy of Saint Gabriel has some articles and links online:> http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/french.shtml> I specifically recommend Toison d'Or, which is renaissance rather than> medieval, and 200+ pages, but has some of the best depictions out> there.> > There are some rolls of arms of which I am aware:> > Armorial de la Flandre Wallonne dit de La Marche de Lille, Francois> Boniface, Sources Genealogiques et Historiques des Provinces du Nord,> 2001, ISBN 2-908976-72-2> > L'Armorial Bellenville, Michel Pastoureau and Michel Popoff, Editions> du Gui, Lathuile-Haute-Savoie, 2004, ISBN 2-9517417-2-3> > L'Armorial Le Breton, Emmanuel de Boos (and others), Somology éditions> d'Art, Paris, 2004, ISBN 2-85056-792-2.> > These are rolls to which I have been exposed secondhand, so I have no> idea about availability, only that they are considered excellent by> sone of the best period armorists I know in the SCA.> > - Teceangl> -- > Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -> http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html> _______________________________________________> Heralds mailing list> Heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/heralds-ansteorra.org