[ANSTHRLD] Permission to conflict??

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 15:35:11 PDT 2008

Isn't there some point at which property is considered
abandoned? If someone isn't active and hasn't used
their registered heraldic information for 20 years or
something, are we really still obliged to protect it?
It's my understanding that even trademarks can be
considered abandoned if they go unused for long
enough.

Personally, I think registrations should be tied to
membership in some way. Maybe something like: if your
membership lapses for 15 years (or you go 15 years
without joining), then your name and device
registrations lapse or expire also.

Sara