[ANSTHRLD] Manesse shields

Coblaith Mhuimhneach Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 12 04:35:50 PDT 2008

I decided it'd be convenient to have all the shields and escutcheons
from the Manesse Codex in one place, so I've been extracting and
compiling them.  I've gotten to a stage at which the opinions of a
competent herald or three would be very useful.

I'd appreciate it if any of you who have time could take a look
<http://b-b-fam.home.texas.net/Coblaith/Manesse/default.html>, and help
me fill in some of the gaps.  Do a "find" for "???" to go straight to
the things I'm most confused about, if you're interested.  But there's
so little I'm not at least somewhat unsure of that you can start pretty
much anywhere and assume you'll find a problem.  If and when the
document's good enough, I'll offer it to the Medieval Heraldry Archive.

Apologies to those of you who hear about this more than once.  There're
so many images, and so many attendant incomplete and/or inaccurate
blazons, that I thought it best to voice my cry for help to a larger
audience than usual.  So, though I know there are some folks who are on
more than more than one of them, I'm writing to all three of the
relevant lists to which I belong.

Thanks for your time.

Coblaith Mhuimhneach
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>