[ANSTHRLD] Royal Crowns (was Re: arms - your thoughts)

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Fri Aug 22 14:38:11 PDT 2008

Serena stated:

>...The habit of putting crowns on past Crown's personal arms is
ahistorical...

I am willing to continue exposing my ignorance by saying that I'd think
that statement was worthy of a research paper far beyond MY means and
experience. I'd think that period instances of a past monarch (having
abdicated or having been deposed) registering/being granted/assuming
new personal arms/achievements/augmentations would be nearly as rare as
hen's teeth, much less making up a large enough body of examples to
make generalized statements. DID this occur often in period?

Kevin