[ANSTHRLD] arms - your thoughts

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Aug 20 10:37:53 PDT 2008

Robin wrote:
> But the essential fact is this: this is *great* modern
> heraldic art.  Its
> style is like nothing that would ever have been seen before
> 1600.  It could
> not have existed even fifty years ago.

True. But neither is most web art, to be honest. Until we run across that
artist with the beautiful period style that can create umpteen copies in
various sizes, or (even better) can create it in vector format.... Sigh. :)
I do wish I'd gotten more of the 'artist' gene from my father so I could
actually draw medieval-style stuff, instead of constantly manipulating
existing vector art.

-Emma