[ANSTHRLD] achievement blanks

Coblaith Mhuimhneach Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 03:10:58 PST 2008

There's been some discussion recently of the fact that it's hard to get
people to register their achievements, and some concern expressed that
the recent requirement that all achievement registration forms be
accompanied by renderings might increase resistance.  I thought it
might help if it were possible to offer potential submitters a sort of
"achievement blank", so that they didn't have to struggle to draw
attractive mantling or get the proportions of a helm right in order to
get a graphic together.  Eventually I hope to have several of these,
from different periods, available on my website.  Just now I have
two--one based on an achievement in the Manesse Codex and one on a page
in Anton Tirol's Armorial.  I've also shrunk these images down and used
them to create doodle sheets that might be used in consultation.

Anyone who thinks they might make use of these is welcome to do so.
They are available for download at <http://coblaith.net/Heraldry/ >.

Incidentally, I'm aware that some of the articles on the site
(unrelated to the above-mentioned printables) aren't functioning quite
as they should.  (I'm having some sort of trouble setting permissions
or something, so many of the images aren't displaying properly.)  If
something is particularly interesting to you, feel free to e-mail me
and ask me to send you the document by e-mail.  Otherwise, check back
at the start of the new year.  I hope I'll get it all straightened out
by then.

Coblaith Mhuimhneach
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>