[ANSTHRLD] Is the SCA going to recognize Kosovo?

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Feb 20 09:00:28 PST 2008

> Throwing a cat at someone's face is actually a pretty serious act of
> hostility.  (Unless it's Mari's Bess, who is such a mellow cat;
> I expect her reaction would be "oh, you're paying attention to me!
> just in an unusual way.  purrrrrr.  Let me drape myself carefully
> across your head and pose artistically."  Her title is The Queen's
> Most Gracious Majesty.)

You got the cats mixed up.  :)

Hattie (the gray one) is the FAP (Feline American Princess) who believes that
humans live merely to pet her and worship at her paws.  If you ask her, the
Pelican decision meetings at my house were simply ways to gather her
worshipers together every month.  And she's usually pretty mellow - when she
was a half-grown kitten, my then-6-year-old niece would carry her around
until the adults made her put the cat down and give the cat a break.  And all
Hattie did was look wistfully at the adults with an expression of "Are we
done yet?"

Bess (the black one) is the cat you fish out from behind furniture in yet
another attempt to convince her that humans aren't things to be scared of.
(She was born feral and trapped when she was 6 weeks old, so she's never
become a lap cat, though she definitely likes the perks of indoor living: cat
treats, soft kitty beds...)  Once each decision meeting, I'd pull her out and
we'd go around with different people talking quietly to her and petting her
head.  It really made a difference in getting her adjusted to lots of
different people.  She still doesn't go looking for people, but she is okay
with meeting them if I'm holding her.  (And the vet is grateful for this
personality adjustment!)

Mari