[ANSTHRLD] Baronial investiture ceremonies

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 17:52:40 PST 2008

--- Star - Ansteorra <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:

> I'd really like to see a Book of Ansteorran Ceremonies and
> Traditions put up on the heralds' website.

I'd really rather see a "Survey of the Various Different Ceremonies
Used, or, a History of Courts in Ansteorra".

I believe Mistress Clare RosMuire St. John was compiling that
information at one point.  What would be really cool is on those few
occasions where someone has put serious research and thought into the
ceremony, having the ceremony annotated to include their period
model, and the reasoning behind how they adapted it to fit SCA
traditions & law.

FYI, I created a set of "generic" peerage ceremonies for the Royal
Herald's use about four years ago.  Whoever Golden Staff was at that
time (my memory fails me) begged me to make him a set of ceremonies
he could carry to Gulf Wars in case the Crown said "I'm making a
Knight NOW".  What I created is very similar to what's in Modius's
book, with the obvious differences of the oaths, and whether or not
there is "scroll"-reading.

--Serena