[ANSTHRLD] Ordinaries as tertiary charges

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jun 19 11:36:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, doug bell <magnus77840 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> A roundel is a medium of heraldic display so [Tostig's design]
> doesn't help.
>
> The problem I had in mine was more like
> on a dragon or, a fess sable
> on a sun or, a chief gules
> or the example we have submitted
> on a sun issuant from base or, a point pointed gules
>
> I guess I will have to ask on SCA heralds since no one in kingdom
> has found a ruling.

I don't have any information (which is why I didn't reply to you when
you asked in PVT E-MAIL -- futhermore, I misunderstood and thought
that you were asking only about charging peripheral charges, like the
example you gave).  I would find the dragon one unsuprising.  The only
real-world armory I can think of with the motif is the augmentation of
Scotland dismembered for the Howard arms, but that's rather a special
case.

Dannet Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com