[ANSTHRLD] conflict check and recheck

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 13:28:01 PDT 2008

Just to be clear the original check was for:

Per bend sinister vert and sable, a wolf salient (to sinister) within a
bourdure embattled argent.

The facing to sinister needs to be specifically blazoned because facing to
dexter is the default.

> > Judith Jehana di Ettore, reg. 6/90 via the West,
> >
> > "Per bend sinister gules and sable, a fox rampant to sinister argent"
> >
> > One CD for the field, and another CD for the swap between the wolf
> facing
> > dexter (default) and sinister, so this one is also clear without adding
> > the
> > bordure.
> >

> So, if my submitters wolf is facing sinsiter (which is how it is drawn)
> rather than dexter is that not a second CD to clear this conflict:
>
> Caid, Kingdom of, registered July 2007:
> Azure, a greyhound rampant regardant collared within a bordure
> embattled argent.

To quote Teceangl:

"Apologies for the contradiction, but there is not. X.4.h. gives a CD for
change of posture or orientation but if both exist they're still but one CD.
This is the relevant sentence from within the rule text:
"Multiple changes to the posture or orientation of the same charges may not
be counted separately, so a lion passant bendwise is one clear difference
from a lion couchant to sinister." "

This means you can count no more than one change for changing both the
position and the orientation of the primary charge. So you can count one
change for facing dexter versus facing sinister. Then you can count a second
change for changing the color and division of the field.

I'm sure Teceangl will correct me if I'm wrong. She's up to date more than I
am on the precedents and rulings.

Eirik Halfdanarson