[ANSTHRLD] Corral gate and portcullis

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 01:29:44 PDT 2008

> I was doing some research and I noticed that using the Golden Stag conflict check program that portcullis and corral gates
>  fall under the same heading.  For the purposes of conflict checking, do these two conflict?

Hmm. I'd check Laurel precedents to see if anything's been said on the
matter. http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/precedents.html
One of the criteria for difference is if they were considered
different charges in period, so that's something to check on as well.
I loathe computer-based conflict check assistance because I've never
met up with one I can't poke massive holes in, but another thing is to
see if they're under the same header in the Ordinary:
http://oanda.sca.org/ordinary/index.html
This isn't foolproof, for instance roses and trilliums are still
listed together and are one CD apart, but it is an important clue.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html