[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Branch name enquiry - Really Old stuff

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun May 18 17:59:13 PDT 2008

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 15:09:17 -0600
    From: Jacquie Ziegler <shauna at bresnan.net>
    Subject: [Submissions_heralds] Branch name enquiry - Really Old stuff

Greetings!

In July of 1979, Master Wilhelm registered quite a few branch names,
to bring then then existing group names in line with Corpora, as it
has been changed earlier that year to require groups have registered
names. Some of them had no 'track record' - no name form, nothing to
indicate where the group was from, just a line in the July 1979
LoAR. Right now, I have only one name that I cannot track down as to
the location - and that group is most likely defunct by now, but you
never know.

The name of the Shire is Treharne. There is nothing in the file for
this group except a copy of a letter from Baldwin of Erebor, dated 18
August 1986, giving the information I have paraphrased above. Inside
the front cover of the folder is a handwritten entry of 'July 1979
name only' with no other indication of origin.

In 1979, there were seven Kingdoms - West, East, Middle, Atenveldt,
Meridies, Caid and Ansteorra. Does anyone from these Kingdoms
recognize this group name, or can anyone find this group name in their
OLD back files?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Baroness Shauna
Ragged Staff Herald