[ANSTHRLD] List heralding question

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 13:50:22 PDT 2008

I generally list the salutes like this:

1. The Host
2. The Sponsor
3. The Inspiration
4. The Opponent

As I see it, anywhere we go in Ansteorra, we're in the domain of the
Crown, and as such, They are the host.

The sponsor is typically the Crown or the landed nobility.  If the
tourney sponsor is the Crown (Crown Tournament, King's Champion, Queen's
Champion, etc), I won't salute the Crown again.  That'd be redundant.
If it's a baronial championship, and the Crown is present, I'll salute
Their Excellencies as the sponsor.  If the Crown isn't present, it's
likely I saluted "the Crown in the presence of Their Excellencies", and
so I won't salute them a second time.  If it's a third party altogether,
like the Companions of the Rose sponsoring the lists at Defenders of the
Rose, I'll salute them.

I can't think of a case where I wouldn't salute the Crown, but I am a
royalist. :)

Alden