[ANSTHRLD] Monkeys!!!

Annwn Shona lady.annwn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:37:52 PST 2008

Ok, so I have been doing some research, and my head spins with things of the
heraldic nature.
I have found some things to support what I want, but wanted to ask you
heraldry geeks as well! ;) *this is soooo said with love!*

Please forgive me, as I don't actually know the heraldic verbage, so bear
with me....

I want a halved background of blue on the right and white on the left. In
the center of that, a monkey rampant. Now, I would like the monkey to be
holding a red quill, but not sure if that will work?

Also, I know that the word monkey is not period, and according to the book I
looked at over at Mistress Serena's  and Master Robin's home, they all just
fall under 'ape'. Is this still correct, and the image of the ape is simply
up to the artist?

Oh! Ok, another question: I've been told that 'proper' is no longer being
used? Is this correct? If so, then how do I handle the color of the monkey?
I was originally going to do proper, but since being told this, have been
looking at other options...but none that I'm really happy with. Do you guys
have suggestions, or is the proper thing incorrect information?

Can I do the quill thing as well? How would I emblazon this?

I appreciate it. I just wanted the brains of a bunch of you on this one,
since I have so many questions! ;)

thanks for bearing with me!!

-Lady Annwn