[ANSTHRLD] Pursuivants/Heralds at Large

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:10:22 PDT 2008

While I can recall having assisted in creating or at least reviewing one early version of "the test" (did Zoren uff Eiren have one in the works around ASXV?  otherwise circa 1994ce / AS 29?), I can't recall ever formally taking it myself -- and really don't know if my name ever appeared on any regional or other "at-large" roster of any type since it was used to determine such things.

Kinda like Crandall -- yeah, you, Olde Pharte -- I wander the halls and help whereever and whenever I can.  Loud mouth, opinions, and all.  (Been doing that heraldically longer than I've been associated with the SCA, actually...)

Do I expect or need an official designation to go with that?  Not on my own account.  I've still got my lovely P.E. charter from Aureliane Star if I want to drag out anything remotely formal. Might help the clients place me in their mental structures if I had something more recent / relevant to the current formulations, though.  And, yes, I'll gladly sit the test the next time I'm where it is being offered -- partly for my own curiousity, as usual.

(And, yeah, in my personal case that has been complicated by long-term contracts outside of Ansteorra the past few years.  So I keep doing what I normally do with a different set of faces.   Sometimes they just happen to be at higher levels than others [time w/Margaret Pelican when I was in western Pennsylvania, or with Da'ud Laurel in the mid-90's, or with Reinholdt Compass and Anplica Keythong and RoseMarian <err, apologies, not retrieving her current title> here in Northshield>], sometimes with plain ordinary newcomers looking to avoid as many "misteaks" as possible in their name or armory choices.)
Amra
sometimes a herald within the SCA
ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/ > Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:32:18 -0500> From: star at ansteorra.org> To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Pursuivants/Heralds at Large> > I'm updating the CoH Admin Handbook, and while I've got the document open, I> wanted to ask the College what y'all think about Section III.C - Pursuivant> at Large, Pursuivant Extraordinary, & Herald at Large?> > I understand the procedure for identifying these officers has changed over> the years, but my last recollection was that there was a five section test> to determine your "grade", and each person passing 1, 3, or 5 parts would be> listed as a source deputy to the appropriate regional herald for assistance> in the area of heraldry for which they passed the test. When I was a> regional, I kept a list of those individuals, but it wasn't utilized much,> and over time seems to have fallen by the wayside.> > Is there any real merit to keeping this system in place? Can we make it> more useful? Should we remove it?> > I'd like to open the discussion on this list.> > Alden, Star> _______________________________________________> Heralds mailing list> Heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/heralds-ansteorra.org