[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check, please

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 16:25:37 PDT 2008

The closest to a conflict I found was:

Clarice deLay of Rowanholt (badge)
Vert, a cross argent between in chief two fleurs-de-lys Or, overall in
base a swan naiant to sinister, all within a bordure argent.

I THINK it's clear, because I THINK the swan, as an overall charge, is
not part of 'the secondary group', making a second CD.

As for the dogwood blossoms, they have been registered sixteen times by
the college, the latest as of this spring in the precedent cited by
Emma, and NONE of them specify a particular species, they are all just
'dogwood blossom(s)' or 'dogwood flower(s)'. A seventeents says
'dogwood branch' which I assume is distinguished by the blossoms, since
there isn't much else but leaves to do it with.

So, current precedent is that 'dogwood blossom' is in and of itself a
registerable charge, conflicts with other quatrefoils, and does not
conflict with roses.