[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic design question

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 15:49:23 PDT 2008

> The only pointy line that I've seen that works enarched is the
> chevron. Never seen a base triangular enarched, have you?

I have an old SCA heraldry primer (ca. AS XXIV) which shows a
pile ploye as well as a chevron ploye.It has a point pointed
which appears to have concave sides, although that may be the
artist's rendering. It also shows a gore and gusset, the only
difference being curved versus straight sides. These things
together are what led me to hope that any pointed ordinary
could be ploye.
Paedric