[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic design question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Sep 22 22:14:04 PDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> > > The exact same way you'd add curvature to a straight-line point
> > > pointed == "a base triangular"?
> >
> > The only pointy line that I've seen that works enarched is the
> > chevron. Never seen a base triangular enarched, have you?
>
> I have the impression that the point pointed ploy{e'} is the
> standard depiction in real-world heraldry of a point pointed.
> Am I mistaken?

If I was, Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme was too.  Pic Dic 2nd ed sv
Point:

    The point is most often use in a modified form called a "point
    pointed": a triangular shape issuant from base, extending roughly
    one-third the height of the shield [574].  The sides are properly
    drawn with concave sides [DdL: 574 is so depicted], but flat sides
    seem to be within the artist's license.

Daniel de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com