[ANSTHRLD] new Sable Thistle at GE event

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:52:01 PDT 2008

Have you found something else that might fit? To call his work 'woodworking' would not be entirely accurate.

After all, there is a holder of a Thistle for 'firemaking' and another for 'heraldic display'. I think this can pass muster.

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me> Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:56:44 -0700> From: hillaryrg at yahoo.com> To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] new Sable Thistle at GE event> > Greetings,> HL Eadric Anstapa said (on the Gate's Edge and Ansteorran Archery lists):> "Finally... In court Saturday evening Their Majesties awarded a Sable > Thistle for his accomplishments in *Toxophilitic Craftsmanship *to Lord > Padraic of Kilkenny. "> > I looked it up to be sure, though it was mentioned in court, that *Toxophilitic Craftsmanship*, is for a Sable Thistle in Archery arts. > > I know using this term was amusing in court and perhaps more linguistically correct than 'a Sable Thistle in the field of Archery'. But I think it's best to stick with categories in the OP that have been used already for prior award recipients, for consistency sake; unless a completely new art medium area. > > There is already a long history of 'Archery' category holders of the Sable Thistle, and if the OP is ever setup to sort based on that Category field (hint), then this new holder will not be listed with the others. I have researched the Sable Thistle list by category, as needed from time to time. > > In all likelihood, this is the category that was turned in by someone, being clever, in their award rec. > > Just my .02c> Hillary> _______________________________________________> Heralds mailing list> Heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/heralds-ansteorra.org