[ANSTHRLD] fimbriated edges and field divisions

John B anastim at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 13:16:48 PDT 2009

Dear Heralds,

Question 1:
I know the general rule of thumb for fimbriation is "regular" edges only.  Wavy is an enhanced type of edge, but far more regular in shape than many of the other types.  Can a wavy pile be fimbriated?  I could not find any in the OandA database, so I assume the answer is no, but I wanted to be sure.

Question 2: (unrelated to question 1)
Can a field be divided "per pale" with one half of the field being a solid color and the other being bendy of a color and a metal?  If so how would this be blazoned?  In mundane terms, this client is seeking a device divided vertically (per pale) with black on the left and blue and white bendiness on the right, although I do not think he is particular about which side is which.

Extension to Question 2: Assuming the option described in question 2 is allowable, can only the black part of the field carry a charge?

I throw myself on your superior heraldic wisdom,

Regards,
Giovanni
Oakenwald Pursuivant