[ANSTHRLD] question about baronial service order award charters

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Aug 20 11:09:39 PDT 2009

Duncan wrote:

>So the answer I am understanding is that landed nobles who are elevated
>to that station, and upon elevation become members of the baronial
>service order by right of being the principal are not entitled to
>charters signed by anyone but the crown, correct?

Yup.

>I understand your points, and they make complete sense. From a
>logistical standpoint of creating charters and getting signatures, this
>is gonna be a bear. Ah well, we knew it was a suicide mission when we
>signed up for it. =)

Only those who attempt the absurd will ever achieve the impossible.

>I guess my next move is to open a dialogue with Golden Scroll about past
>Crown's sigs. We're going to be making 10 different versions of the
>charter as it is. Do you think we should make an 11th (listing the Crown
>directly but not by name), for the 7 instances of individuals becoming
>Oaks upon elevation?

I think you have to, unless the scroll they received when they became B&B already mentioned the Oak.  (Or unless the clause about "all rights and responsibilities of that rank" is deemed to cover it.)  (And then only if they got a B&B scroll.  I don't have one.)

And don't forget that Allemanius needs an Atenveldt scroll, prepared for the signatures of Pontius and Sheherezon.

Have fun storming the heraldic process!

("Think it'll work?"  "It would take a miracle")

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin