[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Heirs

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:52:31 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> Marie de Blois <erminespot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  No need to be snippy - I misread 'device' where you wrote 'armory'.
>>  Given that 'armory includes both devices and badges, it is still worth
>>  noting that the branch -device- couldn't be transferred, even if
>>  badges could be.
>
> My apologies.  I was not trying to be snippy.  I was merely trying to emphasize the word.  I guess I could have said _device_ but I am not sure you would have taken that any differently.  Again my apologies if it was read as such.

My apologies as well; I over-reacted.

>>  It would be interesting to see if Laurel would even accept such a
>>  heraldic will, though personally, I'd think it was presumptuous and
>>  tacky.  What's the harm in letting the kingdom hold onto them?  They
>>  can't be released without some significant work.
>
> I see no harm nor have any real reason for asking other than academic curiosity.  I was curious.  The Admin Handbook does not specify one way or the other.  It merely refers to the "owner" of the registered item.  I apologize if my curiosity offended anyone.

After I sent my reply, I did still find myself pondering it as an
interesting academic question.  Is "disbandment" the same as "death"?
Can a heraldic will override what is already explicitly defined in the
Admin Handbook (regarding the automatic xfer to kingdom)?

Marie