[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Heirs

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 4 15:06:16 PST 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Darin Herndon <darin.herndon at chk.com> wrote:
> As long as the legal heir certifies that person X is the grandchild
> of the person who had the registered name, I think the grandfather
> clause (no pun intended) for this specific use case can be used.
> Though I am not absolutely certain on that and have never heard of a
> case like this.

I have a dim memory that
- the case has arisen
- the Grandfather Clause refers to "immediate family" or some such
- as a result, the Grandfather Clause cannot be used by Grandfathers
   or Grandmothers or Grandchildren
But I could easily be wrong.  If such a question arise, it would need
to be researched.

Danihel "There is something fascinating about heraldry.  One gets such
wholesale returns of nonsense out of such a trifling investment of
rules." de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com