[ANSTHRLD] Achievement Scroll Competition

Star - Ansteorra star at ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 12 18:18:02 PST 2009

Greetings all,
At Ansteorra's 30th Anniversary event (July), I will be sponsoring a
competition for original achievement scrolls.  There will be two categories
for the competition: 1) achievement scrolls created an individual, and 2)
achievement scrolls created by a group.  Artisans may enter more than one
category, but only one entry per category is allowed.  For examples, I
suggest you try googling "grants of arms", "pattents of arms", "letters
patent", and "heraldic achievement".

Please note that approved achievement scroll text will be made available
sometime in February.  For additional information on heraldic achievements,
please see http://herald.ansteorra.org/achievements.php.  Remember, for an
individual to have an achievement scroll made, their achievement elements
must be registered with the kingdom.  To register achievement elements, the
individual's name and device must be registered with the College of Arms
(Society).

Achievement scrolls are signed by Star Principal Herald.  Please do not take
them to the Crown, or Crown's scribe (Sable Scroll) for signatures.  I will
be happy to sign any that ask to be signed.

For one example of a period scroll, dated 1587, please see:
http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/Images/Letters/Fowler.jpg

If you have any questions regarding the competition, please feel free to
contact me.  Answers to questions may be posted publicly for everyone's
benefit.

In service,
HL Alden Drake
Star Principal Herald