[ANSTHRLD] back in Ansteorra

Gwenllian ferch Mareudd wenthlyan at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 11:55:09 PST 2009

Greetings to the Ansteorran College of Heralds from Gwenllian ferch Maredudd, Longeley Herald--

As a newly repatriated citizen of this fair kingdom, I wanted to (re)introduce myself to all of you. I was an active herald in Ansteorra for many years, serving in the offices of Halberd Pursuivant, Sigillarius Pursuivant, and Asterisk Herald and creating the office of Armillary Herald. I moved to Atlantia in 2001 and while there served a mercifully brief tenure as Wreath Queen of Arms. I've also been the herald in charge for the consultation tables at two Pennsics and a number of Gulf Wars. My focus area is armory research and consulting, and I have particular interests in Germanic armory and canting arms.

I'm now back in Ansteorra, hopefully permanently, and am living in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad. I don't currently hold any official heraldic offices but am a proofreader for the Laurel LoAR and an occasional commenter for the Wreath office. Once I've settled into my new job, I hope to be active in Ansteorran heraldry as an internal commenter, teacher, and consulting herald. I will be at the decision meeting at Candlemas and look forward to meeting some of you there.

Best,
Gwenllian Longeley