[ANSTHRLD] Fur or Color with a semy?

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:34:18 PST 2009

Let me restate to make sure I understand this: A lozenge gules cannot be on Azure ermines or because the primary part of the field is a color. Or ermined azure would not be a problem in this context. Correct?

EdV

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:26:37 -0600> From: tmcd at panix.com> To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] Fur or Color with a semy?> > On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Mike Wyvill <wyvillmike at hotmail.com> wrote:> > As Danyell has made the point that it would still be returned almost> > as a matter of course, what about replacing the Azure ermined or> > with a true fur like Vair?> > Ermine is as true a fur as vair.> > > Still run into the same color on color concerns?> > It's in the text I quoted and you re-quoted:> > 2. Armorial Contrast. - All armory must have sufficient contrast> to allow each element of the design to be clearly identifiable> at a distance.> > ... Furs equally divided of light and dark pieces, such as> vair, are classed with other evenly divided elements, such as> paly, per bend, or lozengy.> > a. Contrasting Tinctures - Good contrast exists between: ...> > ii. An element equally divided of a color and a metal, and> any other element as long as identifiability is> maintained;> > So vair is neutral. You merely can't put things on it that contain> blue or white.> > Danet de Lyncoln> -- > Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com> _______________________________________________> Heralds mailing list> Heralds at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/heralds-ansteorra.org