[ANSTHRLD] Tincture Words in Order Names

Darin Herndon darin.herndon at chk.com
Thu Jan 29 11:02:51 PST 2009

Kevin,

The most recent item in Ansteorra related to Sable can be found in the October 2005 LoAR (as far as I have found):

Ansteorra, Kingdom of. Award name Award of the Sable Talon of Ansteorra and badge. (Fieldless) An eagle's leg erased á la quise sable.

Order and Award names of the form Sable + charge are grandfathered to the Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Also from June of 2000:

Ansteorra, Kingdom of. Heraldic title Sable Roundel Herald.

I remember a longer explanation on something registered to the kingdom but have not located it yet.  I do not remember specifically if it said something about Sable being grandfathered so that anyone in the kingdom could use it but it is grandfathered to the kingdom through orders and awards and heraldic titles.  Namron has an order with Sable in the title and I believe they could be grandfathered in their own right but I am unsure that it is just open to the entire populace or to all local groups.

For anything grandfathered in Atenveldt, you would have to check the grandfathered precedents related to Atenveldt.

Etienne