[ANSTHRLD] A question on behalf of a client

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 17 12:36:31 PDT 2009

The only thing I'm aware of that founding B&Bs of a barony get is the right to display on their Arms a canton bearing the arms of the barony in perpetuity[1] and the title "Baron/ess X" instead of "Baron/ess of X".  For example, His Excellency Sir Simmonn is the 9th Count of Ansteorra, 3rd Viscount of Ansteorra, and Baron Bordermarch.  (I believe the alternate style of Lord Bordermarch applies as well).

[1] I thougth I remember somewhere that current landed B&Bs can add the canton, but must remove it when they step down.

Alden