[ANSTHRLD] a couple questions

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 08:44:05 PDT 2009

Then I feel comfortable in contending that it IS proper for a baron to
be styled as Baron of (Barony), Lord of (Canton), and for that matter,
that Lord of (Barony), Baron of (Canton) would be equally Period, but
less SCAdian.

Baron of (Barony), Lord of (Shire), as Thomas cites, I'm less
comfortable with. The Lord of (Shire) is the Sovereign of (Kingdom),
where (Shire) IS an integrated part of (Kingdom) and doesn't need to be
listed separately in a string of titles.

Not that it doesn't suggest interesting schtick. In October, if they
have their way, the B&B of Northkeep will step down in MORNING court,
with the Crown's choices for our new B&B being invested at EVENING
court. In the interim, the Crown will be Baron and Baroness of
Northkeep, if I understand correctly. It would be redundant to CALL
them such when reopening court for the evening, but it would be fun.

Are there applicable laws or precedents?

Kevin