[ANSTHRLD] royal badges?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 23 10:26:15 PDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, kevinkeary at aol.com wrote:
> I wa trying to get answers for my client yesterday, and she kept
> talking about the 'symbols' designating their majesties and their
> highnesses in the Black Star, which I didn't have in front of me.

Since I don't have one either, I can't check that.

> I went home and looked. Sure enough, there are 'badges' there that
> are basically subsets of the arms of the sovereign/kingdom and of
> the prince, with the orle and the demi-sun removed. These are
> black-and-white renderings, so I have to assume the tinctures are
> the same. They ARE color and metal where the Arms are color and
> metal.

Can you please blazon them, or if you're not 100% up on the blazons
for these, describe them precisely in plain English?  And where are
they used?

> Unless there are objections?

I have some probable notions, but I'd like a lot more certainty about
the designs involved before I load the bombard.  I would also like to
know the purpose and the client.  For example, until you mentioned the
black-and-white use was in the Black Star, I had neglected the fact
that sometimes there are monochrome media.

Danielis de Lindo Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com