[ANSTHRLD] Arms of the Coronet

Star Principal Herald star at ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 22 12:09:34 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Alden Drake<alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Good question for Star Principal Herald. :)

Egad.

> The emblazon of HRH's arms on the webpage: http://coronet.ansteorra.org/ appear to be the arms of the kingdom minus the crown.

Correct. Those graphics were created quite a while back. It's possible
that either a) they were edited from the king/queen versions to just
remove the crown and make the roses white, or b) I screwed up when
creating them. It was at least five years back, anything is possible.

> The registered blazon for the Crown Prince is: Or, a compass-star of ten sable, interlacing a laurel wreath vert ribboned gules within a tressure sable, issuant from base and overall a sun in glory gules. (Registered in 1978)
>
> And more often, what I've seen used is the kingdom arms with a red label added.

I DID find in my graphics archive a version of the prince/princess
arms that are the king/queen arms with a red label. I have a personal
preference towards that depiction.

-Emma, Star