[ANSTHRLD] XXXth year heraldic consultation table

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Sun Jun 28 11:58:03 PDT 2009

Greetings!

As you've all no doubt heard by now, we'll be having a full-service
consultation table open both Friday and Saturday of XXXth Year, from 10am to
3pm. I am looking for any and all heralds and herald-wannabes to come help
out! While we'll certainly be able to make use of our top-level experts,
even those just now dipping a toe into the heraldic pool are welcome and can
certainly be useful. I promise not to push anyone into the deep end of the
pool! If you're at all interested in helping out even some of the time,
please drop me a private piece of email to let me know so I can get a rough
idea in advance of what to expect; and/or just surprise me and show up!

For those inclined to bring laptops, I will try to have a USB key with a
bunch of useful stuff pre-loaded onto it that you can copy onto your
computer. The network in the Civic Center is very very flaky, so we
essentially will not have Internet access (unless someone has a handy cell
modem they'd like to use).

If someone more local to the area than I am has a printer/scanner all-in-one
copier they could bring, that would be fantastic. If we can only come up
with a printer, I have a USB scanner I could bring and hopefully get the two
talking to each other. If you're able to help in this area, please send me
email (no need to have 6 printers there, after all...)

A "full-service" table means that not only will we help people figure out
names and armory, but that for a slightly higher fee we'll actually do all
the artwork and copies as well, for the reasonable price of $12 per item.
We'll also accept submissions at the regular fee ($8) for those that have
already done all the copies and such and are just turning it in.

If you are a local herald, and/or know people who have been meaning to work
on their names or armory and just haven't gotten around to it, or have
encountered problems and so forth, encourage them to drop by the table!

I look forward to seeing many of you there!

-Emma