[ANSTHRLD] Court heraldry question.

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 29 03:50:44 PDT 2009

The sequence I learned, which I think makes pretty good sense, is the first one you list.  When I was a baronial herald, I was taught it this way:

First, the Royal Herald opens the Crown's Court.  The Crown will have some words.
Second, the Baronial Herald opens the Baronial Court.  This court is then done within the Royal Court.
Third, Court business happens (both Crown business and Baronial Business).
Fourth, the Baronial Court is closed (Vivat Baron; vivat Baroness; vivat Canton (if it's a canton event), vivat Barony.
Fifth, the Royal Court is closed (Vivat Princeps (if there is one); vivat Principessa (if there is one); vivat Rex; vivat Regina; vivat Ansteorra).

Alden