[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check help--Griffin

Katherine A. Herndon bka28252 at nerdshack.com
Mon May 4 11:06:44 PDT 2009

I am interested in registering the badge:  [Fieldless] A griffin
erminois
In "plain" English, it's a yellow griffin with little black ermine
spots scattered over him, rearing up on one hind leg with his wings up
behind him (in the default segreant posture).  Some things are really
much simpler to just say in blazon-ese.  (And no, I don't have an
emblazon up on the internet somewhere, sorry.)

If I understand the rules correctly, it should be clear of:
Artemisia, Kingdom of
The following badge associated with this name was registered in
December of 1998 (via Artemisia):
(Fieldless) A griffin passant erminois.

And it conflicts with:
Brígiða Ingvarsdóttir
The following device associated with this name was registered in
September of 2003 (via Meridies):
Per chevron azure and gules, a gryphon segreant erminois.

(Sorry about the underlining--it came along when I copied and pasted
from the Ordinary and I can't make it go away.)

Are there other conflicts that I have missed?  If there is really only
one conflict, with a recent registration, then I think it's worthwhile
to try to get a letter of permission to conflict from Brigi∂a.

On the other hand, if there are multiple conflicts, I could use some
help designing a simple, fieldless, conflict-free griffin badge, if
there is such a thing. <grin>

Lady Rosamund Blaunchflur