[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Pennsic Heralds' Point needs volunteers

Asterisk Herald asterisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri May 15 07:11:55 PDT 2009

As requested.
Estrill Asterisk
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ailis Linne <AilisLinne at aeheralds.net>
Date: Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Subject: Pennsic Heralds' Point needs volunteers
To: Asterisk Herald <asterisk at herald.ansteorra.org>,
black-lion at antir.sca.org, sageherald at yahoo.com, herald at atenveldt.org,
herald at sca-caid.org, GoldFalcon at calontir.info,
diamond at kingdomofgleannabhann.org, beacon at meridies.org,
herald at northshield.org, whitestag at outlandsheralds.org, melessee at gmail.com,
herald at westkingdom.org

If you would please forward this on to your kingdom's Heraldic e-mail
list, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Ailis Linne, Heralds' Point Coordinator, Pennsic 38

Greetings all!

As we head into summer and folks are beginning to set their sights on
scheduling for Pennsic, I am writing to look for volunteers to come
work at Heralds' Point this year.  We're looking for both non-heralds
and heralds.

First off, we are looking for heralds of ALL levels and talents.

If you're interested in consulting, we always have more submitters
than we know what to do with.  New to consulting?  No problem.  We've
got lots of knowledgeable heralds who can help you out if you get
stuck.  And if you only like working on names or armory, we can set
you up to work on only that type of submissions!

If your strength is conflict checking (but not working with
submitters), we'd love to get you to help us double-check our work.

And, well... we _always_ need good paper pushers =)

If you're better at heraldic art, we've got a whole tent dedicated to
our artists.  For artists who don't have much training in the heraldic
style, we are happy to give pointers.  Or you can just start off by
inking other artists' pencil drawings.

Not a big book heraldry person, but want to help anyway?  We need
volunteers to greet people as they come in and help organize the
waiting line.  And we need more volunteers to help check folks out
after they've finished their submissions.  (You do need to be a
warranted herald or exchequer to do that job, though.)  And we almost
_always_ have coloring that needs to be finished (even at 11 at
night!).

If you're interested in helping out, please stop by.  We'll have a
sign up sheet where you can sign up for blocks of time that are
convenient to your schedule.  Or, if you find yourself with free time
you weren't expecting, you can just stop by and see if we need help at
the moment.

Heralds' Point opens the first Wednesday of War and is open every day
until the last Friday.  There will be people doing set up and
organization in the tent during the day on both Monday and Tuesday of
the first week.  Feel free to stop by, introduce yourself, get to know
us, and ask any questions you have about working there.

By the way... we've MOVED this year.  You'll need to look for us
across from the bathhouse near the barn instead of over near the A&S
tents.

I hope you'll consider volunteering with us at War this year.  I look
forward to seeing you there!