[ANSTHRLD] Chronological list of groups

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Nov 6 15:07:29 PST 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Corpora says that [baronies and principalities] are alike in some
> ways and different in others.  That is not "equal".  "They are alike
> in status and in the ability to administer other branches within
> their borders, but differ in that baronies possess a Baron and/or
> Baroness, ceremonial representatives appointed by the Crown, and
> therefore have the ability to create and administer awards, while
> provinces do not."  Neither of these have anything to do with what
> order they march in.

I suppose we differ on the interpretation of "status".
Corpora unclarity shock horror.

> By contrast, you could make the argument that the Sable Comet *is* a
> rules hack, since Corpora doesn't allow shire or provincial awards.
> But it's a legal rules hack -- from its inception, the Comet has
> been a kingdom award for service to the kingdom's shires.

I don't consider it a rules hack, because the Corpora restrictions say
that the *branch* cannot own awards or bestow them, but says nothing
about the purpose or recipients [0] of awards given by on the king and
queen.

An analogy: you can't give an award to your cadet, but the queen can,
even if the award were for devotion to you. [1]

Danett de Linccolne

[0] Provided the recipient must be a subject of the king and queen,
else there are a lot of restrictions.

[1] The cadet's devotion to you, I mean.  Though I'm sure it's
wonderful to have the queen devoted to you, at least until John Felton
stabs you to death at the instigation of Lady de Winter.

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com