[ANSTHRLD] Any problems with public commentary?

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 16:25:33 PDT 2009

ACE (fka HCS) has definitely provided the means to let submittors and/or their consulting heralds reduce the internal return rate.  Before then, commentary was either typewritten or put on a floppy and mailed.  That process resulted in longer Decision Meetings since the Colated Commentary wasn't seen until then (unless we also communicated by phone, one commentry group didn't know the issues another was raising).  On the other hand, those Decision Meetings were much better attended since [1] it was the only chance a submittor had to participate and [2] announcing when and where the Meeting was being held occurred several times during the Event.

The only negative impact I've seen from ACE/HCS is a social one.  Before it, some Branches had monthly mini-revels to discuss the latest ILoI.  They were fun and educational.  I miss them.  (On the other hand, it was off-hand comments made during those mini-revels that from time to time upset someone who wasn't there to hear the conversation in context).  Today the only commentary group on ACE is headed by Green Anchor Herald.

Nontheless, I believe public commentary like ACE is more efficient and educational than anything else the CoH has tried in the past.  I hope OSCAR will follow suit.

Tostig