[ANSTHRLD] saltorel gules conjoined in the base (was {TH}orkell {o, }lf_ss - another device attempt)

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 14:09:37 PDT 2010

The Arms for the Borough of Southwork (Azure, an annulet ensigned with a cross patty and interlaced with a saltire couped conjoined at the base or[sic]) is entered, but not dated in Papworth ('Saltire' p 1058).  Period arms are generally referred to by their Harl. MS number (And Grey-Area arms by date) in Papworth, so this is probably a post-period motif.