[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission IV

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 21:17:41 PDT 2010

I suspect that laurel would not register the surname <Lovecock> under RfS
IV.1

  "*1. Vulgar Names.* - Pornographic or scatological terms will not be
registered.

Obscene terminology, sexually explicit material, bathroom or toilet humor,
etc. are considered inherently offensive by a large segment of the Society
and general population."

While the name may have period origins, the vulgar connotations of such a
name would most certainly make it violate the above rule.
Jayme, the humorless.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Eldwin Nightowl <eldwin at loveshade.org>wrote:

> Here's a proposed device designed to get a "rise" out of people.  Blazon I
> think would be, "Or, on a heart gules a cock rising Or."  The submitter, who
> loves chickens, intends to register the last name "Lovecock."
>
> DEVICE
>
> http://eldwin.loveshade.org/images/ll_device.jpg
>
> NAME
>

> http://www.archive.org/stream/collectionsfor1921stafuoft/collectionsfor1921stafuoft_djvu.txt Lovecock
>
> http://www.archive.org/stream/englishsurnamest00bardiala#page/473 Lovecock
>

> http://books.google.com/books?id=ci42AAAAMAAJ&pg=PA66&lpg=PA66&dq=Henry+Lovecock&source=bl&ots=M2PJivKf4r&sig=eQk0zX_HAoGEtF-K_FD2Vz-SDFA&hl=en&ei=KZxHTMCsIcOL4Aani7j7CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Henry%20Lovecock&f=falseHenry Lovecock Philip Lovecock The history and description of the city of
> Exeter by Alexander Jenkins pg. 66 (14th century CE).
>
> Eldwin Nightowl

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP