[ANSTHRLD] fess urdy, Thor's hammers (was: Device attempt. . .)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Aug 5 23:46:36 PDT 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Joshua Brandl <norfildur at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression that if the interior outline was the same
> as the outside then it was simple enough, similar to the
> delf/griffin head earlier... if not... then back to the drawing
> board

Exactly Coblaith's point and the point of the photoreduce test that
she cited above:

       The typical implementation of Bruce's test for more than a
       decade has been informally called the "photoreduction test."
       Start with a picture of the charge and make a photocopy of it at
       90% reduction. Cut the reduced copy out close to its outer edge
       all the way around. Now place it on top of the original picture.
       If the result looks like that charge voided, then that charge is
       voidable; otherwise it is not.

       A cross crosslet does not pass the "photoreduction test," so
       voiding or fimbriating one violates RfS VIII.3.

Fair dinkum Cobber, if you have your test electronically and to hand,
could you put it on a Web page?

Daniel Lindicolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com