[ANSTHRLD] Herald's Point Question

Emily Minier adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:12:46 PDT 2010

As the local herald, when I ask someone to make announcements, I give them a
green tabard with the crossed horns....

If, for no other reason, it conveys a sort of "This person has the right to
bellow through your camp whether you like it or not" authority.  They do not
wear the Baronial Arms as those announcements are the words of the event
steward or tourney organizers...and VERY SELDOM are they acting as the voice
of Their Excellencies...

And, to keep this going, when I'm heralding a local event, I also wear the
green with gold horns until and unless Their Excellencies wish to open
court.  If I'm calling list or whatnot, assisting with submissions, or
whatever else I do to fill my days with heraldic activities, unless Their
Excellencies say "We're conduction Baronial Business", then I don't put on
the Baronial Arms.