[ANSTHRLD] Herald's Point Question

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Mon Aug 16 18:05:04 PDT 2010

Cisco Cividanes <engtrktwo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  As as been pointed out, I could easily just put the crossed trumpets
>  up on a banner pole, and might still. But, considering all of the
>  SCAisms out there that are not historically accurate, I am interested
>  in not creating, or perpetuating one if it can/should be avoided.

I think the issue here is you are trying to come up with a period way to represent something that was not done in period.  I am not sure there was anything analogous to a "heralds point" in period.  I would gladly accept correction if I am mistaken.  Heralds generally worked for someone and their duties were defined.  They did not really hang around a central location waiting for someone to come along with somethign for them to announce, etc.

There are many accommodations that have to be made for our game to work in this modern world.  Using the crossed trumpets in this instance may have to be one of them

Alasdair