[ANSTHRLD] Þorkell ǫlfúss - another device attempt

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:42:48 PDT 2010

At best, the mullet needs to be bigger. At worst it's excessive
counterchanging, and not-registerable under RfS VIII.3 I'm having a
difficult time at points identifying all points of the mullet clearly,
especially when far away. Try a re-draw with the mullet much bigger and see
if that helps, but I'm not sure if it will still not fix the excessive
counterchanging issue.

Jayme/Andrewe

"*3. Armorial Identifiability.* - Elements must be used in a design so as to
preserve their individual identifiability.

Identifiable elements may be rendered unidentifiable by significant
reduction in size, marginal contrast, excessive counterchanging, voiding, or
fimbriation, or by being obscured by other elements of the design. For
instance, a complex line of partition could be difficult to recognize
between two parts of the field that do not have good contrast if most of the
line is also covered by charges. A complex divided field could obscure the
identity of charges counterchanged. Voiding and fimbriation may only be used
with simple geometric charges placed in the center of the design."

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Joshua Brandl <norfildur at hotmail.com>wrote:

> ok.. i think I've got one that will pass... i am not sure i blazoned
> correctly though. ( read pretty sure it is not right )
>
> Blazon Attempt:
> Sable and Argent  gyronny arrondi, a mullet of 8 points pierced
> counterchanged ?
>
> Link to the emblazon :
> http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/aednial/final.gif

Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP