[ANSTHRLD] CoH website (was: Assistance at a local level)

Crystal Lewis ladygwensca at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 08:45:20 PDT 2010

Improving the user experience of a website is actually what I do for a living
and until now I never thought about it for the CoH website...how sad of me. I
think you and Jayme are making some excellent points and might actually help
address some of your concerns with the heraldic system. Many people outside of
the heraldic college aren't going to know what some of the navigation items mean
or where to start (and for that matter many of us inside the college don't know
either, as you pointed out).

I would maybe recommend finding about 5 - 10 people outside of the college to do
a card sort. It's a method by which you find content pieces, write them on note
cards and then ask people to group them and then label that group. That then
becomes your main navigation. It's an idea...

Gwen
Oakenwald Pursuivant