[ANSTHRLD] Name usage

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 17:56:41 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't have convenient to hand the precedents on
> people famous enough to protect.  There are criteria other than
> appearance in a printed encyclopedia.

My registered name is identical to a Doux of Antioch from the 12th
century, IIRC.  Extremely common first name, limited documentable
byname pool and most of those family names are more accurately thought
of as clan identifiers rather than a modern style surname.  On the
other hand, that's obscure enough that I strongly doubt it showed up
in commentary.

Ioannes Dalassenos
and again.  We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani