[ANSTHRLD] Scribal Offices open for applications

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Sat Jun 5 08:01:04 PDT 2010

Greetings to the Colleges of Heralds and of Scribes,

I just wanted to remind everyone that there are two positions within the
College of Scribes that are still accepting applications. Applications for
both positions are being accepted until the end of June, with the new
officers assuming their positions at the Round Table event in mid-July.

The first is Regional Signet for the Central Region. Regional Signets are
the "go to guys" for local scribal guilds. They are entrusted with copying
and distributing blank charters, and collecting them when they are
completed. Regional Signets coordinate with local guilds also to ensure
charter painting areas are available at as many events in their region as is
reasonable. If you live in the Central Region and would like to apply for
this position I encourage you to do so.

The other position that is open is Insignia Deputy. The Insignia Deputy
educates and encourages the populace in the design and development of
quality and quantity insignia for the Crown of Ansteorra to present to
worthy receipients receiving awards. Duties range from encouraging classes
from the various art mediums used to create insignia (weaving, metalwork,
etc), as well as educating the populace on the correct heraldic design used
in the designated kingdom format (medallions, ribbons, etc.) for the
Ansteorran standards.

Central Regional Signet is a warranted position, and therefore requires an
active SCA membership, and the term is two years. Insignia deputy is
currently a non-warranted position, meaning that the membership and term of
office are a bit more flexible.

The Application for Office form is available on the Ansteorra website.
Please send applications to me, along with a copy of your membership card.
Also, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions by email,
mail, or phone. My contact information is in the directory at the back of
the Black Star, or online at the kingdom website.

Thanks,

Duncan

--

Master Duncan Hepburn