[ANSTHRLD] College of Arms in Sherlock Holmes

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 24 11:02:32 PDT 2010

So I *finally* watched Sherlock Holmes (with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law), and there's a scene at night where Holmes goes to the home of Sir Thomas (one of the heads of the Temple of the Four Orders), and I pause the video thinking, "that building looks familiar - almost like...nah..."  I keep watching, but now it's nagging at me.  Holmes goes back to the scene during the daytime, and this time they show a bit more of the residence, including the gate.  Sure enough, it IS!  The part of Sir Thomas' home is played by the College of Arms building on Queen Victoria Street, London.

Just some neat little trivia for everyone.

Cheers,
Alden